Tuesday, May 8, 2007

First time at day care!

Charlotte went to day care for the first time on Friday, May 4th. We decided to let her go to day care for just a few hours a week, so that I can try to complete my medical transcription course online. We are lucky to have a home day care just 2 doors down the street, so it's very easy for me to run over there if I'm needed.

When we got to Pat's, the kids were having lunch, so Charlotte joined the crowd at the table. Here she is, drinking water from her own "sippy" cup, which has a rubber straw that pops up. She is very good at drinking from a straw, and at feeding herself soft foods.

Some of her favorite finger foods to eat are cooked carrots, kidney beans, peas, tofu, avocado, banana, mashed potatoes, spaghetti noodles, and also Cheerios, Goldfish crackers, veggie puffs, and graham crackers (without honey). She will also sample whatever we are eating for dinner, assuming that it is baby-safe, of course. She still nurses a few times during the day and several times at night, but is definitely learning to like lots of different foods. She loves to eat.

She sat down at the table, where the kids were enjoying a lunch of pizza and green beans (another one of her favorite finger foods). About to enjoy one of her favorite activities, she didn't really care that I was leaving her behind. I didn't want to sneak out the door, so I made sure she saw me waving and saying "Bye-bye!" All the kids at the table waved and said good-bye to me, and much to my surprise, Charlotte waved her arm and said, "Ba ba ba," right along with them! Every day is another amazing day with my sweet baby girl!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: